- Check for leaks regularly: One of the most common causes of water damage is leaks. Check your pipes, faucets, and appliances regularly for leaks. Even a small leak left unrepaired can lead to much bigger problems over time.
- Clean your gutters: Clogged gutters can lead to water damage by causing water to overflow onto your roof and seep into your home. Make sure your gutters are clean and free of twigs, sticks, leaves and other debris, to ensure water is channeled away from your home.
- Maintain your roof: Your roof is your home's first line of defense against water damage. Make sure it's in good condition by inspecting it regularly and repairing any damage promptly. Inspecting the soffits and fascia should also be checked for signs of rotting or decay.
- Seal windows and doors: Air leaks around windows and doors can let in moisture, which can lead to water damage and mold growth. Seal any gaps with caulk or weatherstripping to keep your home dry, and to save on your utility bills.
- Insulate pipes: Pipes can burst when temperatures drop, causing major water damage. Insulate your pipes to prevent them from freezing and bursting during the winter.
- Check your appliances: Appliances can be a major source of water damage if they malfunction. Check your dishwasher lines, washing machine hoses and connections, water heater, and other appliances regularly for leaks or signs of wear and tear.
Disasters Can Still Happen
By following these preventative maintenance tips and taking the appropriate actions, you can reduce the risk of major water disasters in your home. However, even with the best preventative measures in place, accidents can still happen. If you are currently facing flood damage, water damage, or mold growth in your home, it's important to act quickly to minimize the damage.
When To Call In The Professionals
Some small issues can be easily handled on your own, but bigger problems and mold require professional assistance, in most cases. That's where Best Option Restoration of NWA comes in. We offer 24/7 emergency water damage restoration services to help you get your home back to normal as quickly as possible. Our trained professionals use state-of-the-art equipment to extract standing water, Thermal technology to dry out your home quickly, and prevent mold growth.
In addition to water damage restoration, we also offer mold remediation services to help you get rid of any mold growth in your home. Our experts use specialized equipment and techniques to locate the source of moisture, then safely remove any mold and prevent it from coming back.
Best Option Restoration of NWA Offers Help 24/7
At Best Option Restoration of NWA, we understand the stress and frustration that comes with dealing with water damage and mold growth in your home. That's why we're committed to providing fast, reliable, and effective restoration and remediation services to home and business owners in Northwest Arkansas to help you get back to your normal routine as soon as possible.
Preventative maintenance is key to avoiding major water disasters in your home. However, if you do find yourself facing flood damage, water damage, or mold growth, contact Best Option Restoration of NWA for 24/7 emergency restoration and remediation services.